Organising Fivetran via Google Information Switch Service (DTS) to combine your gross sales analytics information into BigQuery might be accomplished in minutes and in addition transfers historic gross sales information to offer you a full view of your corporation.
2. Configure your connection: Configure your vacation spot settings, together with:
Desired schema identify and dataset ID
Selecting your replace frequency.
3. Authorize: Authenticate and authorize your Salesforce account and choose both “all tables” or solely these requiring common updates. Probably the most generally chosen tables embody: Alternative, Account, Contact, Consumer, Consumer Function, and any customized tables which might be of observe to your Salesforce analytics.
4. Sync your information: After authorizing your information supply, you’ll obtain an e mail notification alerting you to your new Fivetran account that has been created. You should use the Fivetran platform to do issues like add new connectors or monitor your sync for completion. You’ll obtain an e mail alert as soon as your historic sync has been accomplished!
Brandwatch’s information preparation efforts might be replicated utilizing a number of completely different instruments. These embody:
1. Fivetran’s dbt Bundle for Salesforce: Set up the Fivetran dbt Package for Salesforce utilizing the directions available here. This makes use of Fivetran’s capacity to tug related tables from Salesforce, whether or not customized or customary, and create reporting tables that present:
Account proprietor and their associated managers’ pipeline well being, alternatives and their funnel phases, and win-loss metrics
Alternatives enhanced with associated account and proprietor data
An total view of gross sales well being, together with pipeline metrics, bookings
Customers favoring open supply applied sciences and like SQL as their information manipulation instrument of selection will need to check out dbt first. Our package deal makes it straightforward to see how one can construction your transformations and helps you get began along with your Salesforce dashboards.
2. Cloud Dataprep by Trifacta: Dataprep is an clever information service for visually exploring, cleansing, and making ready information for evaluation, reporting, and machine studying. Its serverless structure scales as wanted with out the added complication of managing the underlying infrastructure that comes with conventional ETL pipelines. That is particularly helpful in case you have distinctive or customized transformations that you might want to carry out after the info has landed in BigQuery.
When you favor a extra guided instrument with a visible interface for complicated transformations, however aren’t trying to host servers your self, you possibly can check out Dataprep.
3. BigQuery: BigQuery‘s serverless, highly-scalable structure lets you question PBs of knowledge with blazing quick pace. Which means that information might be reworked after load as an alternative of requiring it to be accomplished as is commonest in conventional ETL pipelines that load information into on-premises information warehouses that are not able to executing giant queries as rapidly.
An alternative choice is to at all times begin with working your transformations immediately in BigQuery itself with SQL. From right here, for those who do discover that you just want a instrument to assist handle your transformations or orchestrate extra complicated ones, you possibly can strive going to one of many different instruments talked about above.
After making ready your information, you can begin querying your information right away, with an instance of how that dataset would look in BigQuery beneath.