A new Windows 10 Insider build is accessible within the Dev channel at this time, introducing a brand new post-update expertise in addition to extra granular graphics settings. After putting in the construct 20190, you’ll discover that the Suggestions app will probably be launched routinely to spotlight a few of the most up-to-date new options launched in current Insider builds.
This new first run expertise can even seem after customers set up a brand new Home windows 10 function replace. Nevertheless, it may be turned off in by unchecking the the “Show me the Windows welcome experience” checkbox in Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
The opposite new function on this construct has been impressed by person suggestions. In the event you’d like extra granular choices to handle the totally different GPUs in your PC, the construct 20190 has up to date the Graphics Settings to permit customers to specify a default excessive efficiency GPU and to decide on a selected GPU on a per utility foundation. These choices may be present in Settings > System > Show > Graphics settings or Settings > Gaming > Graphics settings.
This new construct additionally comes with a number of high quality enhancements, and Microsoft has fastened a difficulty that would trigger File Explored to develop into unresponsive on touch-capable units after resuming from hibernation. You could find the complete listing of fixes and recognized points on this construct under.
Adjustments and Enhancements
- Based mostly on suggestions, we’re updating the brand new Japanese IME to help switching between Hiragana and Katakana through the use of CTRL + CAPSLOCK and ALT + CAPSLOCK (respectively), as was supported with the earlier model.
- We fastened a Home windows Subsystem for Linux 1 associated error that may output: ‘The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request’. Please see this Github issue for particulars.
- We fastened a difficulty that would end in explorer.exe being unresponsive on touch-capable units after resuming from hibernation.
- We fastened a difficulty with the brand new search field within the default apps settings pages, the place search outcomes would seem to attract on high of each other when deleting characters from the search field.
- We fastened a difficulty the place in the event you switched to an English keyboard utilizing WIN + House after which switched again to the Chinese language Pinyin IME, typed punctuations would Chinese language even when “Use English punctuations when in Chinese input mode” was enabled.
- We fastened a difficulty the place when Narrator was enabled it may consequence within the on-screen PIN pad unexpectedly showing when focus is about to the login display screen.
- We fastened a difficulty leading to Options on Demand (FOD) failing to allow with error 0x8000FFFF in current builds. That is additionally believed to be the foundation trigger for some Insiders discovering that the sfc /scannow command would repeatedly fail citing a pending reboot.
- We fastened and difficulty that would consequence within the calling window (for instance, Microsoft Edge) hanging if an authentication immediate was raised after which not interacted with and timing out.
- We’re engaged on a repair for a difficulty the place some Microsoft Retailer video games protected with Simple Anti-Cheat could fail to launch.
- We’re wanting into stories of the replace course of hanging for prolonged intervals of time when trying to put in a brand new construct.
- We’re engaged on a repair for a difficulty the place the min/max/shut buttons are caught of their unique positions after resizing a UWP app. In the event you transfer the app window the place ought to replace.
- We’re investigating stories that the brand new taskbar expertise for pinned websites isn’t working for some websites.
- We’re engaged on a repair to allow dwell preview for pinned website tabs.
- We’re engaged on enabling the brand new taskbar expertise for current pinned websites. Within the meantime, you may unpin the location from the taskbar, take away it from the sting://apps web page, after which re-pin the location.
- We’re engaged on a repair for a difficulty the place pinned websites don’t present all open tabs for a website. Within the meantime, you may repair this by pinning the location’s homepage somewhat than a selected web page (e.g. pin microsoft.com somewhat than microsoft.com/home windows).
- We’re engaged on a repair for a difficulty the place Alt + Tabbing to a browser tab typically strikes the beforehand energetic browser tab to the entrance of the Alt + Tab listing as properly.
- The letter headers within the Begin menu’s all apps listing have pointless left padding when the all apps listing was set to hidden.
That’s it for this new construct, which is a reasonably minor one however with some welcome additions. The Home windows Insider is releasing new builds virtually each week nowadays, and we hope to see one other flight subsequent week. As a reminder, the Home windows Insider webcast can even be again subsequent week on August 18, and this episode will air on Twitch following the closure of Mixer final month.