Behind every technological innovation, there’s a individual with a dream that they’re decided to carry to fruition. As we speak we’re excited to launch a brand new neighborhood and collection that tells the tales of unbelievable heroes from all walks of life who’re innovating to assist remedy a few of society’s largest challenges.
Their tales shine a light-weight on discovering what is feasible when large hearts, inspirational concepts and progressive applied sciences converge. We all know that expertise doesn’t change the world, individuals do. AI is a game-changing software that permits individuals and organizations to unravel advanced social, well being and environmental challenges. With the rising accessibility of AI, we’re seeing this in motion—people accelerating significant innovation to enhance lives and profit the planet. These are tales of hope and human empowerment.
Meet our AI heroes
Our first 4 tales are devoted to people who find themselves innovating to battle COVID-19. Visit the site to see how they’re utilizing AI to fight the virus on a number of fronts, then chat with them stay on Sept. 15 throughout a LinkedIn Stay occasion, adopted by a #MicrosoftAIChat on Twitter. They’re, from left to proper within the picture above:
- Meet Hadas Bitran: When COVID-19 ravaged the world, she noticed an excellent want to assist frontline healthcare staff by growing a COVID-19 self-assessment bot that permits individuals to verify their signs earlier than going to a medical appointment.
- Meet Dr. Greg Bowman: When COVID-19 began, his lab determined to make use of their military of citizen scientists and Microsoft AI to advance analysis and speed up potential remedies.
- Meet Kelvin Summoogum: He based MiiCare, a digital companion for the aged that helps them stay safely and independently.
- Meet Alice Piterova: Within the time of COVID-19, she and her cohort at AI for Good UK created an AI mannequin that simulates the unfold of COVID-19 in refugee camps.
Right here’s how one can be part of the dialog on Sept. 15:
LinkedIn Stay at 8:15 am PT: Influencer and futurist Bernard Marr might be joined by the primary 4 people featured within the People and AI collection. Tune in stay on Marr’s LinkedIn page for the stay video to ask questions and meet these inspirational people.
Twitter chat at 9 am PT: The dialog continues on Twitter with the #MicrosoftAIChat hosted by Marr, Bitran, Bowman, Piterova and Summoogum. This Twitter chat will talk about #HumansAndAI and might be a discussion board for anybody to satisfy our workforce and share concepts on how expertise could be utilized to challenges and issues we collectively face as a united world neighborhood.
How one can be part of the Twitter Chat:
By no means participated in a Twitter chat? Welcome! We’ll ask the next 5 questions beginning at 9 am PT on Sept. 15. Anybody can take part by sharing and answering:
- For those who might launch an AI startup, what wouldn’t it be? And “@” tag anybody you need to accomplice with in your reply.
- What drawback or societal problem drives your innovation?
- Why is AI a possible software for fixing societal challenges?
- What’s the most inspiring use of AI you may have seen?
- Are you aware an unbelievable #HumansAndAI chief or do you may have a narrative to share?
You possibly can share the questions together with your neighborhood or reply by quote retweeting the tweets and including your reply + tagging the tweet with #MicrosoftAI and #HumansandAI. To comply with the dialog as soon as we get began on Twitter, simply kind #MicrosoftAI #HumansandAI into the search bar, or click on this link to seek out the chat on Twitter.