About two years in the past, we heard an growing demand from the .NET neighborhood for a neater strategy to construct massive information purposes with .NET, exterior of needing to study Scala or Python. Thus, in a collaboration between Azure Information and .NET groups, we began the .NET for Apache® Spark™ open supply venture.
Immediately, we’re pleased to announce the discharge of model 1.Zero of .NET for Apache Spark, an open supply package deal that brings excessive efficiency APIs for utilizing Apache Spark from C# and F#. Certainly, it’s the identical know-how that powers the .NET expertise for Apache Spark inside Azure Synapse Analytics.
At a high-level, .NET for Apache Spark gives customers the power to:
- Write Spark purposes in C# or F# concentrating on .NET Core 2.1+.
- Reuse present C#/F# libraries and use the ability of Apache Spark to parallelize them.
- Leverage the high-quality Visible Studio or Visible Studio Code IDEs for constructing Spark apps.
The brand new .NET for Apache Spark v1.Zero brings in further capabilities to an already wealthy library:
We’re extraordinarily grateful to everybody who contributed in direction of reaching this vital milestone. For extra in regards to the historical past of the venture, key contributors, and its use in manufacturing pipelines, learn the full announcement.
Be taught extra about .NET for Apache Spark:
- Take a look at the .NET for Apache Spark code on GitHub.
- Prepared to do this out? Take a look at getting started.
- Really feel like contributing? Begin with the excellent issues.
Don’t miss our presentation describing this main launch within the upcoming .NET Conf 2020: “The Missing Piece: Diving into the World of Big Data with .NET for Apache Spark”!
Questions or suggestions? Tell us within the feedback under.