Since Home windows employee node help reached basic availability in Kubernetes, Microsoft and Tigera have listened intently to suggestions from the group. An enormous competition level of Home windows container customers within the Kubernetes group is: “One of the most important open source network policy tools in the market is not available for Windows.” That is limiting the adoption of Home windows employee nodes for Kubernetes in environments massive and small as prospects can not fulfill their coverage and compliance necessities like they may deal with them in Linux.
Microsoft and Tigera have been working collectively to shut a number of vital gaps within the Home windows container networking stack. This work included enabling Direct Server Return, enhanced coverage, packet logging, expanded firewall help within the Host Networking Service of Home windows, multi-subnet help, and plenty of extra massive and small enhancements.
Now for the excellent news
- We’re excited to share that with Calico 3.16, Home windows container community coverage help is now accessible in open supply Calico. See the release notes for extra particulars.
- With this launch, Home windows containers might be deployed and secured in Azure, another cloud computing supplier, or on-premises utilizing networking parts in Home windows Server and Calico community coverage.
- Calico for Home windows model 3.16 might be discovered on the Calico site.
- In case you have any questions or considerations contact us on the Calico Person Slack Windows channel.
- If you wish to strive it out take a look at the short begin information on projectcalico.org.
The discharge announcement from Calico can be discovered on the Tigera blog.