Azure Service Bus simplifies enterprise messaging situations by leveraging acquainted queue and subject subscription semantics over the industry-driven AMQP protocol. It presents prospects a completely managed platform as a service (PaaS) providing with deep integrations with Azure companies to offer a messaging dealer with excessive throughput, dependable latency whereas making certain excessive availability, safe design, and scalability as a first-class expertise. We purpose to supply Azure Service Bus for buyer workloads on most software stacks and ecosystems.
In step with that imaginative and prescient, we’re excited to announce preview assist for Java Message Service (JMS) 2.Zero over AMQP in Azure Service Bus Premium tier. With this, we empower prospects to seamlessly elevate and shift their Java and Spring workloads to Azure whereas additionally serving to them modernize their software stack with finest in school enterprise messaging within the cloud.
As enterprise prospects look to elevate and shift their workloads to Azure, they could take the chance to modernize their software stack by leveraging cloud-native Azure choices. That is extra applicable for elements on the information aircraft, storing or transferring information, which profit from transferring away from an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) hosted setup to a extra cloud-native PaaS setup.
With databases and information shops, the institution of standardized APIs and protocols has paved the best way for seamless migration, whereby the applying is agnostic of the particular supplier or implementation of this standardized API and with negligible or configuration solely code modifications, the purposes can transfer from their present on-premises supplier to Azure’s totally managed PaaS providing with anticipated conduct.
The enterprise messaging ecosystem has been largely fragmented in comparison with the information ecosystem till the current AMQP 1.Zero protocol standardization in 2011 that drove constant conduct throughout all enterprise message brokers assured by the protocol implementation. Nevertheless, this nonetheless didn’t result in a standardized API contract, perpetuating the fragmentation within the enterprise messaging house.
The Java Enterprise group (and by extension, Spring) has made some ahead strides with the Java Message Service (JMS 1.1 and a couple of.0) specification to standardize the API utilized by producer and shopper purposes when interacting with an enterprise messaging dealer. The Apache QPID group furthered this by its implementation of the JMS API specification over AMQP. QPID-JMS, whether or not standalone or as a part of the Spring JMS bundle, is the de-facto JMS implementation for many enterprise prospects working with a wide range of message brokers.
Join present purposes with Azure Service Bus over AMQP
With the characteristic record supported with this preview (with full parity deliberate by normal availability), Azure Service Bus helps all Java Message Service API contracts, enabling prospects to carry their present purposes to Azure with out rewriting the applying. Here’s a record of JMS options which can be supported right this moment:
- Short-term queues.
- Short-term matters.
- Shared sturdy subscriptions.
- Shared non-durable subscriptions.
- Unshared sturdy subscriptions.
- Unshared non-durable subscriptions.
- Auto-creation of all of the above entities (in the event that they don’t exist already).
- Message selectors.
- Sending messages with supply delay (scheduled messages).
Seamless migration from on-premises or IaaS hosted JMS supplier to Azure Service Bus
To attach an present JMS based mostly software with Azure Service Bus, merely add the Azure Service Bus JMS Maven package or the Azure Service Bus starter for Spring boot to the applying’s pom.xml and add the Azure Service Bus connection string to the configuration parameters.
Easy pricing, painless deployments, and scalable resourcing
By leveraging Azure Service Bus JMS assist, prospects can now keep away from the overhead of procuring licenses, managing an enterprise messaging dealer on their very own IaaS Compute, simplify price administration with a hard and fast value per messaging unit, and by leveraging computerized scale up and down provisioning to handle variability in workloads.
Combine with different Azure choices to additional modernize your software stack
You too can leverage Azure Service Bus’s integration with different Azure choices to modernize and simplify the applying stack. Listed below are some methods on how you are able to do that.
- Azure Logic Apps: Make the most of Azure Logic Apps connectors for Azure Service Bus to switch numerous important enterprise workflows with a easy low-code pay-as-you-go Serverless providing.
- Azure Capabilities: Make the most of Azure Capabilities triggers for Azure Service Bus to switch customized purposes with a easy pay-as-you-go serverless PaaS providing.
- Azure Monitor and Alerts: Make the most of Azure monitor and alerts to regulate the Azure Service Bus Namespace, Queue, Matters, and Subscriptions degree metrics.
- Azure KeyVault: Make the most of integration with Azure KeyVault to encrypt the information on the namespace with a customer-managed key.
- Digital Networks and Non-public endpoints: Safe entry to Azure Service Bus utilizing Digital community service endpoints. Join with a cloud-hosted service through an tackle hosted in your personal community utilizing Non-public endpoints.
Get began right this moment
Get began right this moment by provisioning a Service Bus namespace with JMS features and migrating your existing Java and Spring applications from Active MQ to Service Bus.